- PURPOSE AND SCOPE
- TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
4U Products collects personal information regarding its current and prospective clients, business partners, users, visitors, and guests (collectively “Individuals”).
- Information You Provide Directly to Us. When you use the Services or engage in certain activities, such as responding to surveys, requesting information, or contacting us directly, we may collect the following types of information:
- Communications with Us. We may collect personal information from you, such as email address, phone number, or mailing address, when you request information about our Services or otherwise communicate with us.
- Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information, including personal data. All information collected from your participation in our surveys is provided by you voluntarily.
- Posting on the Services. 4U Products may offer publicly accessible blogs, forums, and social media pages. You should be aware that when you disclose information about yourself on 4U Products blogs, forums, and social media pages, we collect the information you provide in such submissions, including any personal information.
- Registration for Contests. Occasionally, 4U Products may run contests. We may ask those who enter the contests to provide personal information (e.g., an e-mail address). If you participate in a contest, your personal information may be used to reach you about the contest and for other marketing and business purposes.
- Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically when you use the Services. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising identifiers, MAC address, details about your browser or device, geo-location information, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, and other information about how you use the Services.
- Information Submitted Via the Services. You agree that 4U Products is free to use the content of any communications submitted by you via the Services, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques, or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose, including developing, manufacturing, and marketing goods or Services. 4U Products will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless: (a) you permit us to do so; (b) we first send notice to you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of a Service will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (c) we are required to do so by law.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations, to supplement your information. This supplemental information allows us to verify the information you provided to 4U Products and enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and services.
HOW 4U PRODUCTS USE YOUR INFORMATION
We process personal information about Individuals for a variety of business purposes, including:
To Provide Services or Information Requested including:
- Generally, manage Individual information.
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests.
- Contact you to answer requests for customer support.
- Allow you to register for events.
For Administrative Purposes, including to:
- Measure interest in 4U Products ’s Services.
- Develop new products and Services.
- Ensure internal quality control.
Send an email to the email address you provide us for informational and operational purposes, such as customer service.
Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
Enforce our terms.
Tailor content, advertisements, and offers.
Notify you about offers, products, and services that may interest you.
For other purposes, disclosed at the time that Individuals provide personal information or
Otherwise, with your consent.
4U Products may provide materials by phone, postal mail, social media, or email, as permitted by applicable law. As further described below, you may contact us anytime to opt out of 4U Products ’s use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
- For Research and Development. 4U Products may use personal information to create non-identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources to help us optimally deliver our existing products and Services or develop new products and Services. We may share anonymous Individual and aggregate data for research and analysis purposes.
- For Direct Mail and Email. Individuals who provide us with personal information or whose personal information we obtain from third parties may receive periodic emails, newsletters, mailings, or phone calls from us with information on 4U Products and Services. You can decline these communications at no cost by following the instructions below.
- For Anonymous and Aggregated Information Use. 4U Products may use personal information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access 4U Products ’s Services, or other analyses we create. We may share this information within 4U Products and with third parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
- Sharing Content with Friends or Colleagues. The Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as inviting your friend to use our Services via email. Email addresses you may provide for a friend or colleague will be used to send your friend or colleague the content or link you request but will not be collected or otherwise used by 4U Products for any other purpose.
- Other Uses. 4U Products may process your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests, such as direct marketing, research (including marketing research), fraud prevention, data and network security, administrative purposes, enforcement of legal claims, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or as you otherwise consent.
- Browsing Information. We automatically collect certain information about your use of the Site, including the areas or web pages you viewed on the Site, your IP address, details about your browser or device, and other information about your browsing behavior (collectively, “browsing information”). We use browsing information to improve the design and content of our Site to help us learn things like what pages are most attractive to our visitors and to measure the success of advertising campaigns. We collect browsing information and allow third parties to collect such information through cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, local storage, and other tracking technologies (collectively, “Technologies”), as described below.
- COOKIES, PIXEL TAGS/WEB BEACONS, AND ANALYTICS INFORMATION
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed on visitors’ device browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Services may not work correctly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in the Services that collects user engagement information on that web page. Using a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a specific advertisement. We may also include web beacons in e-mails to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
- Interest-Based Advertising. So that we can better target our advertising to individuals’ interests, we work with advertising partners who may use Technologies, including cookies, to gather browsing Information about you when you use our Site. Our advertising partners may also collect information about your visits to other websites to infer your interests. We or our advertising partners may use this information to make inferences about your interests so that we can advertise our products to you on other sites you visit or in emails we send you.
- Analytics. We may use Google Analytics and other services to collect visitor behavior and demographic information on some of our Services and develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any personal information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated using the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
If you want to opt out of the Technologies we employ on the Services, you may do so by blocking, disabling, or deleting them as your browser or device permits. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, you may opt out of interest-based advertisements on some mobile applications by following the instructions for Android and iOS.
- THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
The Services may include access to publicly accessible blogs, forums, or social media pages. Personal information you voluntarily transmit or publish online in a publicly accessible blog, forum, or social media page may be viewed and used by others without restrictions. By using such services, you assume the risk that your personal information may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
- ONWARD TRANSFER—4U PRODUCTS MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
6.1 Information We Share
- We Use Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust personal information include service providers for (i) provision of information technology, marketing, and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) customer service activities; and (v) in connection with the provision of the Services. These service providers can access your Personal Information only to perform services on our behalf.
- Business Partners and Affiliates. We may share Personal Information with companies under common ownership or control with us (e.g., 4U Products subsidiaries) and with business partners to provide you with a product or service that you have requested or that we believe may interest you. We require our affiliates and business partners not to use Personal Information for any other purpose.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (as Required by Law and Similar Disclosures). We may access, preserve, and disclose your personal information and other information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal processes, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce 4U Products ’s policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to 4U Products ; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. Suppose we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or service transition to another provider. In that case, your information will likely be among the assets transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and contract.
6.2 International Data Transfers
You agree that all information collected via or by 4U Products may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to Brazil, the United States, the European Union, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates, or the servers of our service providers, including data storage providers, to provide the Services and operate the Site. By using the Services, you agree to the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your personal and browsing information and agree that the laws in the United States will govern our communications.
- OPT-OUT (RIGHT TO OBJECT TO PROCESSING)
You have the right to opt out of and object to specific uses and disclosures of your personal information. Where you have consented to 4U Products ’s processing of your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt out of further processing by contacting us as set forth below.
7.2 Email Communications
7.3 “Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in specific web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that our systems do not recognize browser DNT, so we cannot respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
7.4 Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising
As noted above, you may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, you may opt out of interest-based advertisements on some mobile applications by following the instructions for Android and iOS.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from advertisers participating in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising, consumer choice, and privacy at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ and www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- RIGHTS OF ACCESS, RECTIFICATION, ERASURE, AND RESTRICTION
By applicable law, you may have the right to (i) request confirmation of whether we are processing your personal information; (ii) obtain access to or a copy of your personal information; (iii) receive an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us, or ask us to send that information to another company (the “right of data portability”); (iv) restrict our uses of your personal information; (v) seek correction of inaccurate, untrue or incomplete personal information; and (vi) request the erasure of personal information held about you by 4U Products, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below.
We will process such requests by applicable laws. To protect your privacy, 4U Products will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
- DATA RETENTION
- SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) or a similar industry standard technology to encrypt transmissions of sensitive information from your computer to our servers. However, when you communicate with customer service via email on our website, these communications may be handled via unsecured transmissions. Please be aware that information provided (such as email address) may be accessible to others. Therefore, we ask that you protect yourself and not share sensitive information via these communication channels.
- CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
The Services are not directed to children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16) years of age, and 4U Products does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16). Suppose we become aware that we have inadvertently collected any personal information from children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16). In that case, we will promptly take steps to delete such information.
Suppose you are located in the European Economic Area. In that case, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your personal information violates applicable law.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
4U Products, Inc.
148 W 37th St
New York, NY 10018